Marketing Coordinator (Catalogue and Copy) Role
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator (Catalogue and Copy) is responsible for writing and editing all marketing copy for use in the seasonal and subject catalogues and inside flaps/first pages of all new publications. In consultation with the editorial department, the marketing coordinator determines the list of books for each catalogue, manages the production throughout (from beginning through to publication and mailing) as well as liaising with the designer, printer, and mailing services.
• Coordinating production of catalogues (seasonal and subject).
• Writing and editing copy for catalogue and obtaining approval from the acquisitions editor, marketing manager and author.
• In coordination with acquisitions editors and the marketing manager, formulating list of books to be catalogued.
• Acting as first point of contact between the marketing team and authors - sending out author information sheets (AIS) for completion.
• Coordinating back cover/jacket copy, which involves reading uncorrected proofs to find suitable excerpts, reading manuscript readers’ reports to extract suitable comments that can be shaped into endorsements and, further, contacting those readers to gain approval for their comments, as well as seeking out new readers to provide endorsements.
• Coordinating mailing of catalogues and uploading of electronic catalogues to UTP website.
• Catalogue mailing list management.
• Coordinating desk/exam copy requests.
• Proofing metadata and other marketing materials.
• Sending out author letters.
• Additional administrative tasks.
• University graduate
• 2 years in book publishing, preferably in marketing.
• Very strong writing and editing skills.
• Project management skills and experience.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Proficient with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, InDesign and Photoshop.
• A good fit with our core values of respect, innovation and accountability.
Please send your resume with a covering letter by April 3, 2017, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate, Marketing Coordinator (Catalogue and Copy) in the subject line and your salary expectations in the covering letter.