The University of Toronto Press (UTP) is looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide overall administrative support to the President, Publisher & CEO, and to provide some support to the VP, Scholarly Publishing, and the VP, Human Resources. In this role, you will ensure the effective and efficient administration and functioning of the President, Publisher & CEO’s office and coordinate overall services to the Board of Directors and its committees.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Ensures effective and efficient administration support:
o Coordinate and maintain the calendar of the President, Publisher & CEO; complete expense reports; arrange travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
o Prepare or assist in the preparation special reports or projects; open mail; provide budget support; compile material for meetings and conferences; create/edit PowerPoint presentations.
o Communicate with Board members, UTP staff, and others, on matters related to the UTP’s initiatives.
o Assist in coordinating the agenda and prepare the minutes for the senior leadership team meetings.
o Research, prioritize, and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
o Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, confidentially and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Board Support:
o Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
o Coordinate agendas and board packages for all board and committee meetings with board members and management as required.
o Prepare draft minutes for all board and committee meetings.
• Other support:
o Coordinate the publishing of the CEO Report by gathering information and submitting it for editing.
o Coordinate strategy and annual planning workshops.
o Provide logistical support for training workshops.
o Liaises with building personnel regarding related issues.
o Other administrative related duties as required.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 5 years’ experience in an administrative setting.
• Some experience in publishing or a creative environment would be an asset.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with a high level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Emotional maturity.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
• A good fit with our core values of respect, innovation, and accountability.
Send your resume with a covering letter by February 21, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line and your salary expectations in the covering letter. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at the email above or 416.978-2239 ext. 2255.