To publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society.
To be a premier publisher of scholarly work in North America, serving the Canadian and international academic communities with leading authors and customer-focused employees.
Our Core Values:
As the underlying set of core beliefs, our core values help to define our organization, guide our behavior, underpin operational activity and shape the strategies we will pursue in the face of various challenges and opportunities.
Three primary core values will govern our actions and decisions in ensuring the effectiveness of our mission: Respect, Innovation, and Accountability. These are the guiding principles by which we operate our organization and treat our co-workers, customers, clients and the community:
- We operate with mutual trust, respect and integrity;
- We will communicate with all stakeholders in an open, honest, sensitive and intelligent manner;
- We will acknowledge the diversity, dignity and worth of all individuals and will respect their roles, competencies and contributions;
- We are committed to making UTP a great place to work
- We seek continuous improvement; and we will be mindful of the need to adapt best practices within our environment;
- We will foster an environment that encourages creativity, inspires people to make a difference, and tolerates some risk;
- We will recognize and reward excellence, effort and innovation;
- We will act in accordance with our Statement of Commitment and other policies;
- We will use our resources wisely, efficiently, and effectively;
- We always work safely; and will maintain a safe environment;
- We keep our promises and deliver on our commitments